Friday Night Fire Ruled Accidental In Wicomico Co. - 47 ABC - Delmarva's Choice

Friday Night Fire Ruled Accidental In Wicomico Co.

Posted: Updated:

MARDELA SPRINGS, Md. - The Maryland State Fire Marshal says a structure fire in Wicomico County on Friday has been ruled accidental.

According to reports, the blaze broke out Friday night in a farm equipment repair shop on the 9000 block of Athol Road in Mardela Springs after an electric heat lamp came to close to some wood paneling. It reportedly took 50 firefighters an hour to control the single alarm blaze.

Authorities say no one was injured in the fire that caused about $250,000 in damages.

  • ContestsMore>>

  • Spring Gas Giveaway

    Spring Gas Giveaway

    Let WMDT fill up your tank! It's time for our Spring Gas Giveaway! More >>
    Enter for your chance to win a $100 Exxon/Mobil Gas Card!More >>
  • Teacher Who Makes A Difference

    Teacher Who Makes A Difference

    The WMDT 47 Teachers Who Make a Difference Contest is Sponsored by Accurate Optical: "Encouraging children of all ages to come in for an annual eye exam to help them see better in school." Each month weMore >>
    The WMDT 47 "Teachers Who Make a Difference" Sponsored by Accurate Optical Encouraging children of all ages to come in for an annual eye exam to help them see better in school.More >>
Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WMDT. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.