Mardela Springs Mobile Home Fire, Ruled Accidental - 47 ABC - Delmarva's Choice

Mardela Springs Mobile Home Fire, Ruled Accidental

Posted: Updated:

MARDELA SPRINGS, Md. - Officials have ruled a mobile home fire in Mardela Springs, as accidental.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office says the fire started in the kitchen of the 23669 Ocean Gateway residence in Mardela Springs, just before 6:00 PM on December 21st.

The blaze, which was discovered by a neighbor,reportedly took 30 firefighters from four departments, around 10 minutes to control. Officials say damages to the 12 by 65 mobile home are estimated at around $7,000 total.

No injures were reported, and there were apparently smoke alarms in the home. The cause has been ruled as accidental, due to electrical wiring in stove exhaust hood.

  • ContestsMore>>

  • Spring Gas Giveaway

    Spring Gas Giveaway

    Let WMDT fill up your tank! It's time for our Spring Gas Giveaway! More >>
    Enter for your chance to win a $100 Exxon/Mobil Gas Card!More >>
  • Teacher Who Makes A Difference

    Teacher Who Makes A Difference

    The WMDT 47 Teachers Who Make a Difference Contest is Sponsored by Accurate Optical: "Encouraging children of all ages to come in for an annual eye exam to help them see better in school." Each month weMore >>
    The WMDT 47 "Teachers Who Make a Difference" Sponsored by Accurate Optical Encouraging children of all ages to come in for an annual eye exam to help them see better in school.More >>
Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WMDT. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.