Accidental Motel Fire In Trappe Displaces Two Families - 47 ABC - Delmarva's Choice

Accidental Motel Fire In Trappe Displaces Two Families

Posted: Updated:

TRAPPE, Md. - A Friday morning fire at a motel in Talbot County, has been ruled accidental.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office says around 9:25 AM, a fire started inside apartment 13 of the Talbot Landing Motel on Ocean Gateway.

The one alarm blaze reportedly took 45 firefighters from 4 departments, 20 minutes to control. Total damages are estimated at $13,000. Officials say no one was injured.

Officials say the flames were caused by an electrical malfunction of a multi-plug power strip, and have ruled the fire as accidental.

The Red Cross is assisting two families after the fire displaced them.

  • ContestsMore>>

  • Survey Contest Winners

    Survey Contest Winners

    Below find the winners of our Survey Contest:Winners of a $100 Giant Gift card:Survey # 1 - Ollie GravenorSurvey # 2 - Carey SenterSurvey # 3 -TBASurvey # 4 - TBAGrand Prize winner of a $1000 CarnivalMore >>
    Click here for a list of winnersMore >>
  • Teacher Who Makes A Difference

    Teacher Who Makes A Difference

    The WMDT 47 Teachers Who Make a Difference Contest is Sponsored by Accurate Optical: "Encouraging children of all ages to come in for an annual eye exam to help them see better in school." Each month weMore >>
    The WMDT 47 "Teachers Who Make a Difference" Sponsored by Accurate Optical Encouraging children of all ages to come in for an annual eye exam to help them see better in school.More >>
Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WMDT. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.