DOVER, Del. - A local library won a national contest and is hosting a party to celebrate. The Dover Public Library entered a Scholastic contest to win a celebration a their library, for the 15th anniversary of the publication of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone in the U.S., and won!
On Saturday, August 31st, from 10:00 AM until 2:00 PM they will hold their party, complete with giveaways.
The Dover Public Library, along with 14 others across the country, received 100 copies of the new trade paperback edition of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, with the new cover illustrated by Kazu Kibuishi, to give away at the celebration, one new paperback boxed set of all seven Harry Potter books signed by Kibuishi for the library, a $100 gift card towards the Harry Potter celebration, and a Harry Potter event kit.
Here is a full list of the winning libraries:
· Anderson County Library (Anderson County, SC)
· Apache Junction Public Library (Apache Junction, AZ)
· Arapahoe Library District (Centennial, CO)
· Carl Sandburg Branch, Livonia Public Library (Livonia, MI)
· DeKalb Public Library (DeKalb, IL)
· Dover Public Library (Dover, DE)
· Kenton County Public Library, Erlanger Branch (Erlanger, KY)
· Lawrence Public Library (Fairfield, ME)
· Meadowridge Library (Madison, WI)
· Newberg Public Library (Newberg, OR)
· North Canton Public Library (North Canton, OH)
· Port Jefferson Library (Port Jefferson, NY)
· Portneuf District Library (Chubbuck, ID)
· Rancho Cucamonga Library (Rancho Cucamonga, CA)
· The Colony Public Library (The Colony, TX)
For more information visit Dover Public Library's website.
To learn more about Scholastic, visit their website.