Cambridge Man Pleads Guilty To Attempted Murder Of Federal Offic - 47 ABC - Delmarva's Choice

Cambridge Man Pleads Guilty To Attempted Murder Of Federal Officer

Posted: Updated:

BALTIMORE, Md. - A Cambridge man has pleaded guilty to attempted murder of a federal officer after a February 2012 incident.

According to 23-year-old Tayvon Dobson's plea agreement, members of the Maryland State Apprehension Team, Capital Area Regional Fugitive Task Force of the U.S. Marshals Service, and the Cambridge Police Department went to the Hubbard Street home of Dobson, on February 29th, to serve an arrest warrant for 1st degree assault and other related charges.

The home is apparently divided into several individual apartments, and when the teams went inside, in clearly marked tactical gear, they heard Dobson across the hall in apartment one. Officers shouted at Dobson to open the door, but he, in turn, fired a gun at their unmarked police vehicles outside the house. During the gunfire, a Task Force Detective in apartment two, realized that he couldn't safely get out, so he barricaded himself in using furniture.

Shots continued from Dobson in apartment one, as officers continued to tell him to surrender. After several minutes, the Detective heard Dobson reload his firearm, and start to shoot again, just before he left the apartment, and stopped in the hallway. Dobson could see the Detective in apartment two, and began to fire.

The Detective fired back, even after feeling a sharp pain in his left shoulder. Dobson eventually fled from the hallway, after which the Detective saw his wound, and broke through a window, rolled onto the ground, and ran with the other officers to safety. Dobson continued to shoot at the remaining officers, until four hours after the teams arrived, Dobson finally surrendered.

The Detective who was shot underwent surgery at a local hospital. All of the rooms of Dobson's home were riddled with bullet holes. Police seized three firearms, two of which were used in the exchange of gunfire, along with a magazine, several rounds of live ammunition, and numerous spent shell casings and projectiles.

On Tuesday, Dobson pleaded guilty to attempted murder of a federal officer and using a gun during the attempted murder. His sentencing is scheduled for October 31st. Dobson is facing between 24 and 30 years in prison.

Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WMDT. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.