HURLOCK, Md. - A young Hurlock boy is recovering from serious burns, after a Monday afternoon indent.
The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office say around 12:30 PM behind a Skinners Run Road residence, a container filled with gasoline was ignited and kicked toward the 7-year-old boy, by accident. The boy friends apparently took him to his grandfather's house, where 911 was called. The boy was then treated by local emergency responders, before being flown to Johns Hopkins Bayview Burn Center with serious burn injuries.
An investigation showed that four children, ages, 7,8,10, and 12 found a push mower, and poured gas from the fuel tank, into a plastic jug, and then lit it on fire. Officials say the 10-year-old accidentally kicked the jug in the same direction that the 7-year-old was running, which caused the burning gasoline to splash onto the boys chest, burning him.
The 7-year-old is currently listed in stable condition with non-life threatening injuries, including 2nd and 3rd degree burns.