Salisbury House Fire Caused By Unattended Cooking - 47 ABC - Delmarva's Choice

Salisbury House Fire Caused By Unattended Cooking

Posted: Updated:

SALISBURY, Md. - A Salisbury house fire has been ruled accidental. Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office says the fire started just before 1:00 AM on Saturday, in the kitchen of a Miami Avenue home.

The fire, which was discovered by an occupant, took 20 Salisbury firefighters, 10 minutes to control. Officials say that there were smoke alarms, but they weren't working. One person was treated for smoke inhalation.

Total damages are estimated at $15,000. The fire has been ruled as accidental, after officials say, cooking was left unattended, causing the blaze.

  • ContestsMore>>

  • Skybox Giveaway - August 11

    Skybox Giveaway - August 11

    Win a SkyBox for you and 24 of your closest family and friends!More >>
    Win a SkyBox for you and 24 of your closest family and friends!
    More >>
  • Midway Speedway Giveaway

    Midway Speedway Giveaway

    Thursday, June 26 2014 7:57 AM EDT2014-06-26 11:57:18 GMT
    Enter to win a Midway Speedway Four Person Park Pass This includes all day at the waterpark, four choice tickets (good for any ride or attraction) and a round of fire mountain golf. Rules No purchaseMore >>
    Enter to win a Midway Speedway Four Person Park Pass This includes all day at the waterpark, four choice tickets (good for any ride or attraction) and a round of fire mountain golf. Rules No purchaseMore >>
Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WMDT. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.