Woman Flown To Burn Center After Clothing Catches Fire - 47 ABC - Delmarva's Choice

Woman Flown To Burn Center After Clothing Catches Fire

Posted: Updated:

SALISBURY, Md. – A woman sustained severe burn injuries after her clothing came into contact with an electric heater at a local car wash.

Karen Jenkins was working at the Soft Touch Car Wash, when she turned on the heater this morning and her sun dress caught fire.

Co-workers rushed to help Jenkins, who suffered first and second degree burns to 40 percent of her body. She was initially transported to PRMC, but soon after was flown to Johns Hopkins Bayview Burn Center in Baltimore. She is currently in stable condition.

Investigators discovered that the heater was not equipped with a protective grill.

  • ContestsMore>>

  • Skybox Giveaway - August 11

    Skybox Giveaway - August 11

    Win a SkyBox for you and 24 of your closest family and friends!More >>
    Win a SkyBox for you and 24 of your closest family and friends!
    More >>
  • Midway Speedway Giveaway

    Midway Speedway Giveaway

    Thursday, June 26 2014 7:57 AM EDT2014-06-26 11:57:18 GMT
    Enter to win a Midway Speedway Four Person Park Pass This includes all day at the waterpark, four choice tickets (good for any ride or attraction) and a round of fire mountain golf. Rules No purchaseMore >>
    Enter to win a Midway Speedway Four Person Park Pass This includes all day at the waterpark, four choice tickets (good for any ride or attraction) and a round of fire mountain golf. Rules No purchaseMore >>
Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WMDT. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.