College Student Wins $1M In VA Lottery Game - 47 ABC - Delmarva's Choice

College Student Wins $1M In VA Lottery Game

Posted: Updated:

YORKTOWN, Va. (AP) - A student at Thomas Nelson Community College has won $1 million in a Virginia Lottery scratch-off game.
   
Lottery officials say Jazlyn Leak of Yorktown took the top prize in the $70 Million Payout Spectacular Game.
   
Media outlets report she bought the ticket at a Kroger in Yorktown. Leak took the one-time cash option of $642,000 before taxes.
   
The store received a $10,000 bonus for selling the ticket.
   
Leak says she isn't sure yet what she'll do with her winnings.

 

(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

  • Local NewsDelmarva HeadlinesMore>>

  • Head-On Car Crash Kills 3 In Accomack

    Head-On Car Crash Kills 3 In Accomack

    Saturday, August 30 2014 11:39 PM EDT2014-08-31 03:39:26 GMT
    ACCOMACK COUNTY, Va. - A head-on collision has taken the lives of three after a drunk driver struck a car holding six people. The drunk driver, who was driving a van, has been arrested for DUI. The crashMore >>
    ACCOMACK COUNTY, Va. - A head-on collision has taken the lives of three after a drunk driver struck a car holding six people. The drunk driver, who was driving a van, has been arrested for DUI. The crashMore >>
  • Family of Deceased Magnolia Man Speaks Out

    Family of Deceased Magnolia Man Speaks Out

    Saturday, August 30 2014 10:54 PM EDT2014-08-31 02:54:56 GMT
    MAGNOLIA, De. - It's been a somber week for one Magnolia family, as unidentified human remains found across state lines turned out to be that of their missing loved one.More >>
    MAGNOLIA, De. - It's been a somber week for one Magnolia family, as unidentified human remains found across state lines turned out to be that of their missing loved one.More >>
  • Wyoming Delaware House Fire

    Wyoming Delaware House Fire

    Saturday, August 30 2014 10:54 PM EDT2014-08-31 02:54:16 GMT
    WYOMING, Del. - An accidental fire damaged a two-story Wyoming Delaware home. After an extension cord failed and ignited materials, black smoke began to rise from the bedroom window around 2 PM. NoMore >>
    WYOMING, Del. - An accidental fire damaged a two-story Wyoming Delaware home. After an extension cord failed and ignited materials, black smoke began to rise from the bedroom window around 2 PM. NoMore >>
Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WMDT. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.