Accidental Shed Fire In Denton Causes $70K In Damages - 47 ABC - Delmarva's Choice

Accidental Shed Fire In Denton Causes $70K In Damages

Posted: Updated:

DENTON, Md. - An accidental fire at a local business caused $70,000 in damages in Denton. According to the Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office, the owner of the property was working in the shed used for disassembling vehicles, when the fire started inside of a vehicle.

The blaze at Schultz & Sons Salvage on Meeting House Road, took 20 firefighters from three departments around 40 minutes to control. Damages are estimated at $70,000.

The Fire Marshal's Office says that the cause of the fire was fluids of the vehicle ignited by sparks while being drained.

  • ContestsMore>>

  • Skybox Giveaway - August 11

    Skybox Giveaway - August 11

    Win a SkyBox for you and 24 of your closest family and friends!More >>
    Win a SkyBox for you and 24 of your closest family and friends!
    More >>
  • Midway Speedway Giveaway

    Midway Speedway Giveaway

    Thursday, June 26 2014 7:57 AM EDT2014-06-26 11:57:18 GMT
    Enter to win a Midway Speedway Four Person Park Pass This includes all day at the waterpark, four choice tickets (good for any ride or attraction) and a round of fire mountain golf. Rules No purchaseMore >>
    Enter to win a Midway Speedway Four Person Park Pass This includes all day at the waterpark, four choice tickets (good for any ride or attraction) and a round of fire mountain golf. Rules No purchaseMore >>
Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WMDT. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.