Fire Rips Through Princess Anne Home, Family Displaced - 47 ABC - Delmarva's Choice

Fire Rips Through Princess Anne Home, Family Displaced

Posted: Updated:

PRINCESS ANNE, Md. - A local family has been displaced after their Princess Anne home went up in flames.

According to the Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office the fire started shortly at 5:30 AM, on Tuesday morning, in the chimney of the Waller Lane home. Officials say the cause has been ruled as accidental.

The two alarm blaze reportedly took 35 firefighters around 10 minutes to control. According to the report, the two story, single family home did not have smoke alarms, but no injuries were reported. The total loss is estimated at $250,000.

The American Red Cross is now assisting the family.

Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WMDT. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.