Electrical Malfunction Cause $150,000 Damages To Delmar Home - 47 ABC - Delmarva's Choice

Electrical Malfunction Cause $150,000 Damages To Delmar Home

Posted: Updated:

DELMAR, Del. - An electrical malfunction causes a fire in a Delmar home.The Delaware State Fire Marshal's Office says the fire broke out around 12:55 AM in the ceiling of the utility room of the State Street Home after an electrical malfunction.

Officials say when they arrived they found smoke in the home. The smoke detectors inside were working, and the occupant was able to get out without any injuries. The Red Cross is assisting the victim. Officials estimate the damage at $150,000.

  • ContestsMore>>

  • Midway Speedway Giveaway

    Midway Speedway Giveaway

    Thursday, June 26 2014 7:57 AM EDT2014-06-26 11:57:18 GMT
    Enter to win a Midway Speedway Four Person Park Pass This includes all day at the waterpark, four choice tickets (good for any ride or attraction) and a round of fire mountain golf. Rules No purchaseMore >>
    Enter to win a Midway Speedway Four Person Park Pass This includes all day at the waterpark, four choice tickets (good for any ride or attraction) and a round of fire mountain golf. Rules No purchaseMore >>
  • Teacher Who Makes A Difference

    Teacher Who Makes A Difference

    The WMDT 47 Teachers Who Make a Difference Contest is Sponsored by Accurate Optical: "Encouraging children of all ages to come in for an annual eye exam to help them see better in school." Each month weMore >>
    The WMDT 47 "Teachers Who Make a Difference" Sponsored by Accurate Optical Encouraging children of all ages to come in for an annual eye exam to help them see better in school.More >>
Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WMDT. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.