ST. MICHAELS, Md. - A home owner accidentally causes around $200,000 worth of damages to their home, after apparently trying to fix their pipes.
Maryland State Fire Marshal says that the fire, which was called in by a passerby, started around 2:40 PM on Tuesday, in a two story, Railroad Avenue home in St. Michaels. It took 40 firefighters, 45 minutes to control the one alarm blaze. The home's smoke alarms were reportedly present and working.
Officials tell WMDT, that the fire started in the kitchen of the home, after the homeowner was repairing frozen pipes using a torch. It has been ruled accidental. No one was injured, but the family is receiving assistance through the Red Cross.