Choptank Electric Issues Beat The Peak For Tuesday And Wednesday - 47 ABC - Delmarva's Choice

Choptank Electric Issues Beat The Peak For Tuesday And Wednesday

Posted: Updated:

WMDT 47 NEWS - With colder than usual temperature, a local electric cooperative is asking members to cut back. Choptank Electric has issued a "Beat the Peak" alert for both Tuesday, January 22nd and Wednesday, January 23rd from 6:00 - 8:00 PM.

They are asking members to wait to use large appliances and unnecessary lights. Home heating systems use the most energy, but if they get turned down just 3 degrees, you can save resources, and avoid high cost energy, along with helping the environment.

Other large consumers include dishwashers, washing machines, dryers, and water heaters. By waiting until after the peak to use electricity, you can save money.

  • Local NewsDelmarva HeadlinesMore>>

  • Head-On Car Crash Kills 3 In Accomack

    Head-On Car Crash Kills 3 In Accomack

    Saturday, August 30 2014 11:39 PM EDT2014-08-31 03:39:26 GMT
    ACCOMACK COUNTY, Va. - A head-on collision has taken the lives of three after a drunk driver struck a car holding six people. The drunk driver, who was driving a van, has been arrested for DUI. The crashMore >>
    ACCOMACK COUNTY, Va. - A head-on collision has taken the lives of three after a drunk driver struck a car holding six people. The drunk driver, who was driving a van, has been arrested for DUI. The crashMore >>
  • Family of Deceased Magnolia Man Speaks Out

    Family of Deceased Magnolia Man Speaks Out

    Saturday, August 30 2014 10:54 PM EDT2014-08-31 02:54:56 GMT
    MAGNOLIA, De. - It's been a somber week for one Magnolia family, as unidentified human remains found across state lines turned out to be that of their missing loved one.More >>
    MAGNOLIA, De. - It's been a somber week for one Magnolia family, as unidentified human remains found across state lines turned out to be that of their missing loved one.More >>
  • Wyoming Delaware House Fire

    Wyoming Delaware House Fire

    Saturday, August 30 2014 10:54 PM EDT2014-08-31 02:54:16 GMT
    WYOMING, Del. - An accidental fire damaged a two-story Wyoming Delaware home. After an extension cord failed and ignited materials, black smoke began to rise from the bedroom window around 2 PM. NoMore >>
    WYOMING, Del. - An accidental fire damaged a two-story Wyoming Delaware home. After an extension cord failed and ignited materials, black smoke began to rise from the bedroom window around 2 PM. NoMore >>
Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WMDT. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.