Early Morning Fire Rips Through Hebron Daycare - 47 ABC - Delmarva's Choice

Early Morning Fire Rips Through Hebron Daycare

Posted: Updated:

HEBRON, Md. - Fire officials were called to Zoe's Place Daycare center on Wilson Street in Hebron around 6:00 AM on Wednesday.

There is significant damage to the building, but we're told no one was hurt in the blaze. It reportedly took 60 firefighters, around 40 minutes to control the fire. Officials estimate the damages to be $230,000.

WMDT caught up with one of the owners who says, they now have quite the mess on their hands.

"You got books, you got toys, you got personal belongings, you have a lot right there in the office. There was a lot of personal property of mine, plus my wife's so it's quite a bit. But all that can be replaced and luckily no one got hurt so I thank the Lord," Jason Morris tells us.

Jason tells us they are still open for business and have other buildings to operate out of.

 Right now fire officials tell us they believe it was an electrical fire that accidentally started in the electrical closet. An investigation is ongoing.

 

  • ContestsMore>>

  • Spring Gas Giveaway

    Spring Gas Giveaway

    Let WMDT fill up your tank! It's time for our Spring Gas Giveaway! More >>
    Enter for your chance to win a $100 Exxon/Mobil Gas Card!More >>
  • Teacher Who Makes A Difference

    Teacher Who Makes A Difference

    The WMDT 47 Teachers Who Make a Difference Contest is Sponsored by Accurate Optical: "Encouraging children of all ages to come in for an annual eye exam to help them see better in school." Each month weMore >>
    The WMDT 47 "Teachers Who Make a Difference" Sponsored by Accurate Optical Encouraging children of all ages to come in for an annual eye exam to help them see better in school.More >>
Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WMDT. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.