Sharptown Teen, Emily Clayton Succumbs To Illness - 47 ABC - Delmarva's Choice

Sharptown Teen, Emily Clayton Succumbs To Illness

Posted: Updated:

SHARPTOWN, Md. - A Sharptown teen that has touched the hearts of many here on the Shore has passed away.

We first met Emily Clayton back in September when, she told us about Hirschsprung's disease, a condition she battled nearly her entire life. Just a few weeks ago, Emily decided to ride out her illness after rejecting an intestinal transplant and developing cancer.

Her family says she went quietly in her sleep Sunday night.

  • Local NewsDelmarva HeadlinesMore>>

  • Head-On Car Crash Kills 3 In Accomack

    Head-On Car Crash Kills 3 In Accomack

    Saturday, August 30 2014 11:39 PM EDT2014-08-31 03:39:26 GMT
    ACCOMACK COUNTY, Va. - A head-on collision has taken the lives of three after a drunk driver struck a car holding six people. The drunk driver, who was driving a van, has been arrested for DUI. The crashMore >>
    ACCOMACK COUNTY, Va. - A head-on collision has taken the lives of three after a drunk driver struck a car holding six people. The drunk driver, who was driving a van, has been arrested for DUI. The crashMore >>
  • Family of Deceased Magnolia Man Speaks Out

    Family of Deceased Magnolia Man Speaks Out

    Saturday, August 30 2014 10:54 PM EDT2014-08-31 02:54:56 GMT
    MAGNOLIA, De. - It's been a somber week for one Magnolia family, as unidentified human remains found across state lines turned out to be that of their missing loved one.More >>
    MAGNOLIA, De. - It's been a somber week for one Magnolia family, as unidentified human remains found across state lines turned out to be that of their missing loved one.More >>
  • Wyoming Delaware House Fire

    Wyoming Delaware House Fire

    Saturday, August 30 2014 10:54 PM EDT2014-08-31 02:54:16 GMT
    WYOMING, Del. - An accidental fire damaged a two-story Wyoming Delaware home. After an extension cord failed and ignited materials, black smoke began to rise from the bedroom window around 2 PM. NoMore >>
    WYOMING, Del. - An accidental fire damaged a two-story Wyoming Delaware home. After an extension cord failed and ignited materials, black smoke began to rise from the bedroom window around 2 PM. NoMore >>
Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WMDT. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.