UPDATE: Milford Furniture Store Fire Accidental - 47 ABC - Delmarva's Choice

UPDATE: Milford Furniture Store Fire Accidental

Posted: Updated:

MILFORD, Del. - A fire that damaged 3 historic buildings in Milford has been ruled accidental. The Delaware State Fire Marshal's Office says that the December 26th fire started around 9:00 PM in Warren Furniture Store.

It took multiple departments almost three hours, to get the blaze under control. The Marshals from Kent and Sussex County determined that the fire started in the back of the showroom on the first floor, where there was an electrical failure in the fixed branch circuitry.

They say that the fire probably burned for a while, before it was finally discovered. Due to the age of the building, and longstanding tenant, the building was not required to have a fire alarm system in place. The fire is said to have cause $750,000 in damages.

Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WMDT. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.