Space Heater Causes $55,000 In Damages To Hurlock Home - 47 ABC - Delmarva's Choice

Space Heater Causes $55,000 In Damages To Hurlock Home

Posted: Updated:

HURLOCK, Md. - An accidental fire causes damage estimated at $55,000. The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office says that the fire started around 1:36 PM on Wednesday afternoon, in the living room of the Bobtown Road home, in Hurlock.

Officials say that the home had smoke alarms, but that the were not operating. No one was injured during the incident. The blaze reportedly took 25 firefighters, 40 minutes to control. The fire was found by a passerby.

Officials have ruled the fire as accidental, and say that it was the result of an electric space heater igniting combustibles.

  • ContestsMore>>

  • Spring Gas Giveaway

    Spring Gas Giveaway

    Let WMDT fill up your tank! It's time for our Spring Gas Giveaway! More >>
    Enter for your chance to win a $100 Exxon/Mobil Gas Card!More >>
  • Teacher Who Makes A Difference

    Teacher Who Makes A Difference

    The WMDT 47 Teachers Who Make a Difference Contest is Sponsored by Accurate Optical: "Encouraging children of all ages to come in for an annual eye exam to help them see better in school." Each month weMore >>
    The WMDT 47 "Teachers Who Make a Difference" Sponsored by Accurate Optical Encouraging children of all ages to come in for an annual eye exam to help them see better in school.More >>
Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WMDT. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.