Federalsburg Home Sustains $70,000 In Damages After Fire - 47 ABC - Delmarva's Choice

Federalsburg Home Sustains $70,000 In Damages After Fire

Posted: Updated:

FEDERALSBURG, Md. - A reported fire caused $70,000 in damage to a one story, single family home in Caroline County over the weekend.

The fire, that was found by a passerby, happened a little after 9:15 AM, on Saturday morning, on Old Denton Road in Federalsburg, Maryland.

Investigators say the preliminary cause of the blaze was a malfunctioning power strip in the living room of the home, and declared it accidental. Officials say that it took thirty firefighters a half an hour to control the burn.

According to the reports, no one in the home was hurt.

Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WMDT. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.