House Fire Sparked During Turkey Preparation - 47 ABC - Delmarva's Choice

House Fire Sparked During Turkey Preparation

Posted: Updated:

LAUREL, Md. (AP) - Prince George's County firefighters say a house was heavily damaged when the residents were smoking a turkey on a propane grill on the rear deck.
    
The fire was reported about 11 p.m. Wednesday on Prince George Street in Laurel. Officials say the blaze started on the house's exterior and spread into the two-story home.
    
One firefighter suffered an illness at the scene and was taken to a local hospital.
    
Damage was estimated at $100,000 and the family was displaced.

(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

11/22/2012 12:51:22 PM (GMT -5:00)

  • ContestsMore>>

  • Spring Gas Giveaway

    Spring Gas Giveaway

    Let WMDT fill up your tank! It's time for our Spring Gas Giveaway! More >>
    Enter for your chance to win a $100 Exxon/Mobil Gas Card!More >>
  • Teacher Who Makes A Difference

    Teacher Who Makes A Difference

    The WMDT 47 Teachers Who Make a Difference Contest is Sponsored by Accurate Optical: "Encouraging children of all ages to come in for an annual eye exam to help them see better in school." Each month weMore >>
    The WMDT 47 "Teachers Who Make a Difference" Sponsored by Accurate Optical Encouraging children of all ages to come in for an annual eye exam to help them see better in school.More >>
Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WMDT. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.