OCEAN CITY, Md. - If you would like to help the victims of Hurricane Sandy in our area as well as New York City, there are box trucks leaving Ocean City every night heading to New York.
Donations are being collected at four drop off locations on 94th street from 11 AM to 3 PM every day until November 15th.
Items in need:
• Baby products (diapers, wipes, etc.)
• Batteries, flashlights, candles, power strips • Toiletries (including toilet paper and paper towels)
• Utensils such as spoons and bowls • Jugs of water
• Vitamins • Tape, garbage bags
• Warm Clothes, socks, undergarments • Feminine Products
• Toothpaste • Cat and dog food
• Food: cereal, bread, canned goods (it can never hurt to donate a can opener, as well), chips, pasta
The drop off locations and times are as follows. Part of the items will stay here on Delmarva (to support areas like Crisfield, MD) & the rest will be distributed to church charities in New York.
Hooters, West Ocean City 11am-3pm every day
Blue Fish, 94th street From 12-4 Tuesday Through Sunday
Art League of Ocean City MD 94th Street 11-4 Tuesday Through Sunday
Burley Oak Brewing Company, Berlin 11-3 Monday through Saturday 12-3 Sunday