OCEAN CITY, Md. - A local beach town is getting ready for the storm that is projected to hit this weekend. Ocean City Emergency Services is watching Hurricane Sandy, and preparing properly.
The storm, that looks like it will hit the area on Sunday, October 28th, is expected to bring high winds and large amounts of rain, which could lead to flooding and power outages.
The Town of Ocean City will be using various websites, social media and their GovDelivery system to get information out to the public, during the storm. Here is a list of their sources.
· Town of Ocean City Alerts via GovDelivery: subscribe to GovDelivery, visit the "City Wide Alerts" tab on the Town of Ocean City's website.
· Town of Ocean City Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TownOfOceanCity
· Town of Ocean City Twitter: @townofoceancity
· Town of Ocean City Access Channels 4 & 15
· Emergency Management Hotline: 410-723-6666
· Town of Ocean City website: www.oceancitymd.gov
· AM 1670 Advisory Radio Station
Ocean City officials are urging residents and business owners to start preparing for the storm. They suggest putting together an emergency kits and make a family communications plan. For more information about being ready for the storm visit Ready.gov's website.