Fire Prevention Week kicks off on October 7th, and the Ocean City Fire Department wants residents to make sure they "Have Two Ways Out."
In conjunction with the National Fire Protection Association, this year's theme focuses on the importance of ire escape planning and practice.
The Ocean City Fire Department recommends the following tips for planning your family's escape.
* Make a map of your home. Mark a door and a window that can be used to get out of every room.
* Choose a meeting place outside your home, preferably in front.
* Write the emergency telephone number for the fire department on your escape plan.
* Have an adult sound the smoke alarm and practice your escape plan with everyone living in your home.
* Keep your escape plan on the refrigerator.
The Ocean City Fire Department twill be hosting activities at local schools and day care centers throughout the week.
To learn more, visit www.firepreventionweek.org