MARDELA SPRINGS, Md. - A Red Cross is helping a Mardela Springs family whose home was reportedly destroyed by a dryer vent fire.
The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office says that the fire, that was discovered by a neighbor a little after 11 on Friday morning, started in the laundry room of the Charles Street home. Officials say that combustible materials in the dryer vent ignited.
It took 20 fire fighters, from three different companies, 20 minutes to put out the blaze. Damages are estimated at $45,000. No injuries were reported