Mardela Springs Dryer Fire Causes $45,000 In Damages - 47 ABC - Delmarva's Choice

Mardela Springs Dryer Fire Causes $45,000 In Damages

Posted: Updated:

MARDELA SPRINGS, Md. - A Red Cross is helping a Mardela Springs family whose home was reportedly destroyed by a dryer vent fire.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office says that the fire, that was discovered by a neighbor a little after 11 on Friday morning, started in the laundry room of the Charles Street home. Officials say that combustible materials in the dryer vent ignited.

It took 20 fire fighters, from three different companies, 20 minutes to put out the blaze. Damages are estimated at $45,000. No injuries were reported

  • ContestsMore>>

  • Spring Gas Giveaway

    Spring Gas Giveaway

    Let WMDT fill up your tank! It's time for our Winter Gas Giveaway! More >>
    Enter for your chance to win a $100 Exxon/Mobil Gas Card!More >>
  • Teacher Who Makes A Difference

    Teacher Who Makes A Difference

    The WMDT 47 Teachers Who Make a Difference Contest is Sponsored by Accurate Optical: "Encouraging children of all ages to come in for an annual eye exam to help them see better in school." Each month weMore >>
    The WMDT 47 "Teachers Who Make a Difference" Sponsored by Accurate Optical Encouraging children of all ages to come in for an annual eye exam to help them see better in school.More >>
Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WMDT. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.