Although Sussex County isn't officially designating any cooling centers, officials say that the county libraries are open for regular business hours, and are air conditioned. So residents are welcome to stop in to get some cool air.
- Milton Library 121 Union Street Milton, DE 10 a.m.-8 p.m. M-F; 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Sat.
- Greenwood Library 100 Mill Street Greenwood, DE 10 a.m.-8 p.m. M, T, Th, F; 10 a.m.-5 p.m. W; 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Sat.
Caroline County has opened their libraries for their regular business hours as cooling centers for residents.
100 Market Street - Denton, MD 21629
Hours: Monday and Friday 10:00AM - 8:00PM
Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday 10:00AM - 5:30PM
Closed Tuesday NORTH COUNTY BRANCH
Greensboro Community Center
101 Cedar Lane - Greensboro, Maryland 21639 Hours: Tuesday and Friday 10:00AM - 5:30PM
Wednesday 12:00PM - 8:00PM
Closed Monday, Thursday and Saturday FEDERALSBURG BRANCH
123 Morris Avenue - Federalsburg, MD 21632
Hours: Monday and Thursday 10:00AM - 5:30PM
Tuesday 12:00PM - 8:00PM
Closed Wednesday, Friday and Saturday
The county libraries are air conditioned and residents are allowed to go there to cool down. Libraries are open for their regular business hours.
- Central Library - 303 Gay St. Cambridge, MD 21613 410-228-7331
- Hurlock Branch - 222 S. Main St. Hurlock, MD 21643 410-943-4331
Somerset County Library
11767 Beechwood Street - Princess Anne, MD 21853. During regular business hours:Monday – Thursday 10 AM – 7 PMFriday and Saturday: 10 AM – 5 PM Corbin Memorial Library
4 E. Main Street - Crisfield, MD 21817During regular business hours:Monday – Thursday 11 AM – 7 PMFriday: 11 AM – 5 PMSaturday: 10 AM – 5 PM Woodrow T. Wilson Community Center119 S. 7th Street - Crisfield, MD 21817Daily 7AM - 5:30 PM
Somerset County Heat Information Hotline: 410-651-5600
BROOKLETTS PLACE TALBOT SENIOR CENTER400 BROOKLETTS AVENUE - EASTON, MD8AM – 3 PM
- Wicomico County Youth and Civic Center: Glen Avenue in Salisbury. It will be open from 10 AM until 8 PM. Residents can bring their own, food, beverages, and medications. Pets are not allowed. Free transportation is available for those that need it, call Shore Transit at 443-260-2300.
- The MAC Center, on Progress Circle in Salisbury, will be open for people over the age of 50 from 8:30 AM until 4:30 PM.
- The Snow Hill Senior Center in Snow Hill will be open to people aged 55 and older. The hours are 10 AM until 6 PM. For more information call 410-632-1277. Free transportation is available for those that need it, call Shore Transit at 443-260-2300.
- The Charles and Martha Fulton Senior Center in Snow Hill will be open to adults 55 and older who may need shelter from the heat on Friday July 27, from 8 AM – 6 PM. If you need transportation, please call Shore Transit at 443-260-2300. For more information and details about this cooling center please call 410-632-1277.
- The Northern Worcester County Senior Center will be open as a cooling center for adults 55 and older who may need shelter from the heat on Saturday July 28th from 8AM - 6PM. If you need transportation, please call Shore Transit at 443-260-2300. For more information and details about this cooling center please call us at (410) 632-1277 or (410) 641-0515.