Salisbury, MD. Christmas shopping for a gardener? We've got the perfect reasonably priced gift for you! Ah, the Grannies can hear you thinking, "Sure, sure. We've heard that line before." But trust us, this one is for real…..and it's as simple as a Garden Pass Membership to Longwood Gardens. No, the Grannies have no vested interest in, nor do they receive any compensation, for this recommendation. They just know a really good deal when they see it … and, being Grannies, they don't hesitate to share their enthusiasm.
You may be asking yourself, "Why is this such a good deal?" Give us two minutes (assuming you are a reasonably fast reader) and the Grannies will share their top ten reasons with you.
1) It's only $60 for an individual pass for one year. This means 365 days of unlimited access to the Gardens, events, restaurant, performing arts, two complimentary passes for friends and members-only events for the pass holder….and you don't have to leave your chair to buy it.
2) Shopping for a student? It's only $25 a year. You can't find anything more reasonable than that!
3) A Family membership is $105 a year and that provides unlimited access for two cardholders and their children (or up to four grandchildren) 18 and under. Treat yourself and the kids and/or grandkids.
4) Any of these member categories provides you with a 10% discount on products and plants in the gift shop.
5) When you've worked up an appetite, these passes give you a 10% discount at the Terrace Restaurant in the Gardens
6) You qualify for a 20% discount on tickets to the "Fireworks and Fountains shows" and a
7) 15% discount on tickets to the "Jazz Club", "Summer Concert" and "Classical Series"
8) Free admission to a variety of performances year round
9) Free stroller, scooter and wheelchair rentals
10) Special members-only events and opportunities
For additional information on these and other member categories, go to their website, and prepare to simplify your Holiday shopping. While you're there, how about treating yourself to a membership?
The Gardening Grannies are a group of avid and Master Gardeners who live, love and garden on the Delmarva Peninsula. We can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and we look forward to hearing from you.