The Woodbridge Blue Raiders defeated the William Penn Colonials 60-54 in double overtime to advance to the DIAA Quarterfinals. The Blue Raiders will take on the Smyrna Eagles on Sunday March 5th.
In round two of the DIAA basketball tournament, Woodbridge hosted the William Penn Colonials and it was close through all four quarters. Woodbridge would lead 27-21 at half time but the Colonials would get behind Jermal Crumel who had six second half points and helped his team come back and tie the game up at 43 after four. In overtime, each team scored just four points, both only making one field goal. This forced a second overtime after a missed Woodbridge half court heave.
In the sixth period of the game, Woodbridge would get back on track. Corey Corbin had four of Woodbridge's 13 points in the period. The Blue Raiders held William Penn to just 7 points in the final period as they went on to win 60-54.
- Worc. Co. resident looking to start first sober living home in the county
- Maryland Senate OKs bill to revive bail system
- Maryland Senate panel OKs ban on fracking
- Trump lawyers ask court to move quickly on travel ban appeal
- Salisbury chiropractor facing tax fraud charges
- Police pursuit ends in crash at Dover car dealership; two arrested on drug charges
Photos from around Delmarva during and after the January 7th snow.Read More »