The Woodbridge Blue Raiders defeated the William Penn Colonials 60-54 in double overtime to advance to the DIAA Quarterfinals. The Blue Raiders will take on the Smyrna Eagles on Sunday March 5th.
In round two of the DIAA basketball tournament, Woodbridge hosted the William Penn Colonials and it was close through all four quarters. Woodbridge would lead 27-21 at half time but the Colonials would get behind Jermal Crumel who had six second half points and helped his team come back and tie the game up at 43 after four. In overtime, each team scored just four points, both only making one field goal. This forced a second overtime after a missed Woodbridge half court heave.
In the sixth period of the game, Woodbridge would get back on track. Corey Corbin had four of Woodbridge's 13 points in the period. The Blue Raiders held William Penn to just 7 points in the final period as they went on to win 60-54.
- Virginia says liquor stores will be open on July 4th
- Virginia Supreme Court to weigh police use of license plate data
- Officials investigating Easton dumpster fire
- Harrington woman arrested for allegedly stealing from Milford business for months
- Police searching for two suspects after reported Milford robbery
- Month long child abuse investigation in Laurel results in two arrests