SALISBURY, Md - The Wicomico Indians began their game against rival James M. Bennett on an 11-1 run, and never looked back. When the dust settled, the Tribe came away with their 11th straight win to start the season and a 88-51 victory.
"Shoutout to Butch Waller, he knows how to get it done," said junior guard Keshawn Marshall. The Indians head coach brought out a press that Bennett seemed unprepared for, causing several turnovers and easy buckets to put the Indians up 20-11 after the first quarter.
It was from their the Indians would go on a 23-4 run thru the second quarter, opening up a commanding lead on their rival and never looking back.
Lequan Pettit finished with a game-high 18 points, with backcourt mate Jaden Baker finishing with 15. Marshall came off the bench to pour in 14 points, 11 of them coming in the second quarter.
Otis Russell Junior led the Clippers with 9 points.
- Pinocchio makes move to exhibit ahead of debut
- Mountaire faces potential lawsuits
- Local church heading to DC for March For Life
- Ocean City finding ways to better motor events
- Newly proposed offshore oil drilling plan could affect tourism towns on Delmarva
- Concerns over Beau Biden Gun Violence Prevention Act