Smyrna, Del. - The Smyrna Eagles rolled the Milford Buccaneers tonight 71-38 at home, to advance to the quarter finals of the Delaware state tournament.
Milford led 14-11 after the first quarter, thanks to sic points from Daniel Shockley. The Eagles outscored the Bucs 16-7 in the second quarter. Caleb Matthews hit a three pointer at the buzzer, sending Smryna into the half with the 27-21 edge. Matthews had a game-high 27 points. Smyrna put it away in the second half, recording 24 third quarter points. Jordan Santiago capped things off with a three pointer off the bench for the Eagles.
The Eagles will face Woodbridge on Sunday at 6 p.m. in the quarter finals.
- Worc. Co. resident looking to start first sober living home in the county
- Maryland Senate OKs bill to revive bail system
- Maryland Senate panel OKs ban on fracking
- Trump lawyers ask court to move quickly on travel ban appeal
- Salisbury chiropractor facing tax fraud charges
- Police pursuit ends in crash at Dover car dealership; two arrested on drug charges
Photos from around Delmarva during and after the January 7th snow.Read More »