Smyrna, Del. - The Smyrna Eagles rolled the Milford Buccaneers tonight 71-38 at home, to advance to the quarter finals of the Delaware state tournament.
Milford led 14-11 after the first quarter, thanks to sic points from Daniel Shockley. The Eagles outscored the Bucs 16-7 in the second quarter. Caleb Matthews hit a three pointer at the buzzer, sending Smryna into the half with the 27-21 edge. Matthews had a game-high 27 points. Smyrna put it away in the second half, recording 24 third quarter points. Jordan Santiago capped things off with a three pointer off the bench for the Eagles.
The Eagles will face Woodbridge on Sunday at 6 p.m. in the quarter finals.
- Virginia says liquor stores will be open on July 4th
- Virginia Supreme Court to weigh police use of license plate data
- Officials investigating Easton dumpster fire
- Harrington woman arrested for allegedly stealing from Milford business for months
- Police searching for two suspects after reported Milford robbery
- Month long child abuse investigation in Laurel results in two arrests