Smyrna, Del. - The Smyrna Eagles rolled the Milford Buccaneers tonight 71-38 at home, to advance to the quarter finals of the Delaware state tournament.
Milford led 14-11 after the first quarter, thanks to sic points from Daniel Shockley. The Eagles outscored the Bucs 16-7 in the second quarter. Caleb Matthews hit a three pointer at the buzzer, sending Smryna into the half with the 27-21 edge. Matthews had a game-high 27 points. Smyrna put it away in the second half, recording 24 third quarter points. Jordan Santiago capped things off with a three pointer off the bench for the Eagles.
The Eagles will face Woodbridge on Sunday at 6 p.m. in the quarter finals.
- Poultry worker advocates rally outside Salisbury Perdue facility
- Maryland governor to eulogize his father on Saturday
- Maryland man indicted on racketeering charges in Delaware
- Lake Forest educator awarded as 'Teacher Who Makes A Difference'
- Decomposed whale washes up near Delaware Bay
- Updated UPDATE: State Trooper fatally shot at Bear Wawa; suspect barricaded in Middletown home