The Smyrna Eagles boys basketball team defeated the Cape Henlopen Vikings on the road 54-43.
Smyrna trailed 37-35 after the third quarter but Azubuike Nwankwo had a big day, scoring twelve points including two big dunks in the fourth along with Anthony Watson who had eleven points to help Smyrna to the win. For Cape, Ian Robertson had a game high twelve points and Randy Rickards had eleven.
The Smyrna Eagles improved to 7-2 on the year while the loss drops the Vikings to 4-4.
- Virginia says liquor stores will be open on July 4th
- Virginia Supreme Court to weigh police use of license plate data
- Officials investigating Easton dumpster fire
- Harrington woman arrested for allegedly stealing from Milford business for months
- Police searching for two suspects after reported Milford robbery
- Month long child abuse investigation in Laurel results in two arrests