The Smyrna Eagles boys basketball team defeated the Cape Henlopen Vikings on the road 54-43.
Smyrna trailed 37-35 after the third quarter but Azubuike Nwankwo had a big day, scoring twelve points including two big dunks in the fourth along with Anthony Watson who had eleven points to help Smyrna to the win. For Cape, Ian Robertson had a game high twelve points and Randy Rickards had eleven.
The Smyrna Eagles improved to 7-2 on the year while the loss drops the Vikings to 4-4.
- Coast Guard Silver Lifesaving Medal ceremony held at Indian River Inlet
- The Life and Legacy of Harriet Tubman: Part 2
- Trials set for men charged in connection with fatal Sinepuxent bay accident
- Virginia bills easing driver's license suspensions pass
- Wildlife officials say to keep distance from seals
- State senator criticizes governor's dismissal of DNR crab manager
Photos from around Delmarva during and after the January 7th snow.Read More »