The Smyrna Eagles boys basketball team defeated the Cape Henlopen Vikings on the road 54-43.
Smyrna trailed 37-35 after the third quarter but Azubuike Nwankwo had a big day, scoring twelve points including two big dunks in the fourth along with Anthony Watson who had eleven points to help Smyrna to the win. For Cape, Ian Robertson had a game high twelve points and Randy Rickards had eleven.
The Smyrna Eagles improved to 7-2 on the year while the loss drops the Vikings to 4-4.
- Hogan appoints Judge Price to fill Somerset Circuit Court vacancy
- Water back on after Ocean Pines water main break
- Maryland switches contractors for state park reservations
- Estimated $110,000 in damages from Salisbury house fire
- UPDATE: Gold alert for missing Harrington woman canceled
- Police investigate shooting of occupied Dover home
Photos from around Delmarva during and after the January 7th snow.Read More »