The Smyrna Eagles boys basketball team defeated the Cape Henlopen Vikings on the road 54-43.
Smyrna trailed 37-35 after the third quarter but Azubuike Nwankwo had a big day, scoring twelve points including two big dunks in the fourth along with Anthony Watson who had eleven points to help Smyrna to the win. For Cape, Ian Robertson had a game high twelve points and Randy Rickards had eleven.
The Smyrna Eagles improved to 7-2 on the year while the loss drops the Vikings to 4-4.
- Wicomico Co. man found guilty on sex abuse of a minor, assault charges
- Accomack Co. man convicted of animal cruelty for shooting dog
- Lewes man charged with assault for reported abuse of foster child
- McAuliffe vetoes concealed guns for victims bill
- Dover man passes away from injuries sustained in early March crash
- Hogan vows veto of bill on low-performing schools
Photos from around Delmarva during and after the January 7th snow.Read More »