NEW YORK (AP) - Russell Westbrook, James Harden and Kawhi Leonard are the finalists for the NBA's MVP award.
Leonard's coach, the Spurs' Gregg Popovich, was nominated in the Coach of the Year category, as was Mike D'Antoni, who coaches Harden in Houston, and Miami's Erik Spoelstra.
The three finalists in each category were announced Friday. The winners will be announced June 26 during the NBA's first awards show.
The Philadelphia 76ers have two chances at the Rookie of the Year award, with Joel Embiid and Dario Saric finalists along with Milwaukee's Malcom Brogdan.
Previously, the individual awards were announced at various times throughout the postseason.
- UPDATE: 7 more arrested in drug trafficking investigation; 25 arrests total
- Ocean City beach replenishment to get $2.45M in federal funding
- OCPD: Shop owner fined for selling untaxed cigarettes
- Body of missing waterman recovered from lower Chesapeake
- Two Philadelphia men sentenced for 2015 Dover murder
- Hogan vetoes bill restricting crime record use in school admission