COLLEGE PARK, Md. - North Caroline's historic run to the boys 2A state basketball final came to an end with a 63-55 loss to Lake Clifton.
The Bulldogs held the lead for most of the game, up by as many as 11, but a late fourth quarter run by the Lakers propelled them to the championship.
For North Caroline, senior Joey Adams went out with a bang in his final game, dropping a game high 26 points and adding six rebounds. David Bailey Jr. added 17 points and six boards as well.
The Bulldogs would’ve been the first Bayside North team to win a state championship since North Dorchester did it in 1999.
- Woman convicted for role in 2017 chase in Wicomico County
- Killer returned to prison after release is granted probation in Del.
- UPDATE: Victim of Md. school shooting dies after removal of life support
- UPDATE: Teen suspect arrested in connection to Md. high school bomb threat investigation
- Town hopes lighting up the alley will make streets safer for residents and visitors
- Much needed funds coming in for Worcester Habitat