The Pocomoke Warriors defeated the Washington Jaguars 80-71 to advance to the regional finals. Pocomoke will travel to Kent County to take on the first seeded Trojans on Saturday March 4th in a rematch of last years regional final game.
In a rematch of last seasons sectional finals, the Jaguars hosted the defending state champion Pocomoke Warriors. Last year, Pocomoke coasted to an 80-58 win over Washington but this year looked to be a different match up. Washington kept it close in the first quarter, keeping it to a 16-12 defecit. In the second quarter, Kieonte Nutter put up seven points to help the Jaguars come within one point at halftime making it 27-26.
In the second half, Pocomoke came out strong scoring 22 in the third quarter. Former Jaguar Delonte Mills put up seven of those along with six from Brandon Townsend to make it 49-43 after three. in the fourth, foul trouble hurt the Jaguars. Pocomoke went 23 for 28 in the fourth with Tyrone Matthews getting 10 of his 12 fourth quarter points off of free throws. But Washingtons Josh Sproul was not going down without a fight, he had 19 points in the fourth quarter. But it was just not enough as the Jaguars fall to Pocomoke 80-71.
- Worc. Co. resident looking to start first sober living home in the county
- Maryland Senate OKs bill to revive bail system
- Maryland Senate panel OKs ban on fracking
- Trump lawyers ask court to move quickly on travel ban appeal
- Salisbury chiropractor facing tax fraud charges
- Police pursuit ends in crash at Dover car dealership; two arrested on drug charges
Photos from around Delmarva during and after the January 7th snow.Read More »