RIDGLEY, Md. - An instant thriller in Ridgley on Friday night as #4 seed Kent Island knocked off #1 seed and undefeated North Caroline.
The Bucs got off to a fast start, leading 20-7 at half behind two rushing touchdowns from Dylan Finaly.
But the second half was a different story. North Caroline would score 14 unanswered courtesy of two David Bailey Jr. rushing touchdowns.
Kent Island would retake the lead at the start of the fourth quarter as Trent Jackson found JC Getz for his first score of the game.
Bailey Jr. would rush in for his third score with just under three minutes left in the final quarter. But, Jackson and Getz would have the final laugh connecting on the game winning pass and catch with 25 seconds left.
Kent Island will play #2 seed Harford Tech in the regional finals.
- Police investigate multiple cases of credit card fraud in Kent Co.
- Md. students protest guns outside White House
- Seventies film star pledges donation to UMES
- Md. officials preparing for spotted lanternfly invasion
- Police: Officer shot, killed intervening in domestic dispute in Md.
- UPDATE: Man arrested in connection to Salisbury slashing