SNOW HILL, Md - The Bayside Championship was held at the Worcester County Parks and Recreational Center on Wednesday night in Snow Hill.
In the first event of the day, WiHi's Mykaelah Jones took home first place in the girls 55 meter dash and Destin Richardson of Parkside took home first place for the boys. That was Richardson's first of three first place runs, He also got the gold in the 300 meter dash and the 55 meter hurdle.
Bennett's Ashley Woolfork also had an impressive day, taking home first place in the 300 meter dash, 500 meter dash and the 55 meter hurdles, in which she set a new record with 8.72 seconds. Woolfork also helped the Bennett relay team win first in the 4x200 meter relay.
It was also great day for some Kent Island athletes as Brandon Nichols broke the conference time record in the 1600 meter dash with 4 minutes and 35 seconds. Erick Sanchez won first place in the 3200 meter dash with a time of 10 minutes and 10 seconds, just four seconds away from the league record. Kent Islands Charlo Kratovil-Lavelle also took home first place in the girls 3200 meter dash helping Kent Island girls and boys teams take home the Bayside trophy.
- Police seize over three thousand bags of heroin along with marijuana during traffic stop
- UPDATE: At least 25 horses found dead at Wicomico Co. property; investigation ongoing
- Harris addresses wind farm at town hall
- Remembering CAMP Rehoboth co-founder Steve Elkins
- St. Patrick's Day impacts local sales
- Foodie Friday: Doña Maria's Pupuseria