Jaymeir Felton scored a game-high 18 points and pulled down 13 rebounds as Indian River beat Queen Anne's (MD.) 61-35 in the opening game of the 2017 Governor's Challenge.
Ja'Shaun Johnson (15 points, 12 rebounds) and Antonio Jones (12 points, 10 rebounds) also registered double-doubles for the Indians. Jyrus McGowan led the Lions with 10 points and 7 rebounds.
The Indians will play in the bracket championship game tomorrow against Carver/Vo-Tech out of Baltimore City. The title game will be held at WiHi at 3:15 pm.
- Supreme Court to hear arguments against travel ban
- Governor announces new land conservation strategy in Va.
- Lawmakers want to make state song gender neutral
- Delaware Senate approves bill aimed at tackling mental health and gun violence
- Ocean City bills impacting distilling and special events zones signed into law
- Governor Larry Hogan signs multiple gun control bills