SALISBURY, Md. - The Indian River Indians, appearing in their first Governor's Challenge tournament, took home their bracket championship with a 68-59 win over Carver Vo Tech on Wednesday.
Jamier Felton dropped in a team-high 26 points on an efficient 12-17 night from the field, and added six boards. Antonio Jones was the only other Indian to reach over double digits in the point column.
For Carver Vo Tech, who's team only features 8 players, Lenard Taylor paced the Bears with 32 points and eight rebounds.
IR, who recently broke their four-game losing streak, have now won three in a row.
- Public meeting on offshore drilling is set for Wednesday in Va.
- DNREC: Seaford water supply ruled safe after testing
- MSP: One dead after single-vehicle crash in Somerset Co.; investigation ongoing
- UPDATE: Hours for Blades water distribution changes
- Officials investigate sewer system failure in Dover
- Sentencing set in military vehicle contract fraud case in Va.