GEORGETOWN, De. - Caleb Matthews led the way for Smyrna with 24 points, including six points from behind the arc, in the Eagles 75-61 victory over Sussex Tech.
Three Eagles finished in double figures including Jaymeir Garnett (17) and Nalik Veasley-Johnson (10)
Sussex Tech managed to make the game close and trailed 31-30 headed into the halftime break. Jaquan Burton had 21 points and also had four three-pointers.
Smyrna remains undefeated and will take on Caravel on Thursday. Sussex Tech will travel up the road for the battle of Georgetown against Sussex Central.
- Concerns over Beau Biden Gun Violence Prevention Act
- Ocean View PD continues on-going community outreach through deaf training
- Sussex Co. Council votes to continue hearing public comment for Special Events Ordinance
- WWII veteran's remains identified, to be buried in Del.
- Salisbury traffic stop leads to drug charges for two women
- UPDATE: Gold Alert canceled for missing Dover woman