Delmar Softball defeated Mardela 7-5 after being down 5-2 to start the seventh inning. The win moves Delmar to 2-1 on the season while the loss moves the Warriors to 2-3.
Mardela started off fast, scoring four in the first two innings and then a fifth in the sixth and holding the Wildcats to just two runs in the first six innings. The Warriors got two RBI's from Grace White, two one from Riley Nibblett and one from Logan Genga.
But with the game on the line, Delmar was able to get the bats going. With a triple from Paige Lynch she scored Hannah Davis and Brielle Johnson. Then next batter up, Shelbi Taylor hit a sac fly to center field sending Lynch home to tie it up at 5 sending it into extras.
In extras Delmar took control of the game, holding Mardela to zero runs in the eighth and scoring two to complete their comeback.
The Wildcats will look to continue their winning on Friday the 6th when they travel to Sussex Central to take on the Ravens. The Warriors will try and get backin the win column on Thursday the 5th when they make the trip to Princess Anne to take on Washington
- Investigation continues into controversial KIHS video
- Bus passenger arrested on drug charges in Md.
- Several Governors form group to study gun violence, offer solutions
- Police: 85-year-old woman dead after Md. crash
- Budget to draw Va. Senate back to work on May 14
- Pastor arrested on child pornography charges in Del.