COLLEGE PARK, Md. - It was the second straight year of Baltimore Poly and Stephen Decatur boys hoops matching up in the 3A state semifinals, and the Engineers reigned supreme again.
Behind 30 points from Demetrius Mims, the defending Maryland state champs are back to the title game, 63-46 over the Seahawks.
In his final game in a Decatur uniform, Kevon Voyles was the only player to register double-digits in the scoring column, dropping in 19.
The senior's historic career for Decatur comes to a close with three regional championships and one state final appearance.
Poly got out to a fast start, leading 21-9 after the first quarter, and by as many as 27, but a late Decatur second half run finished off their year.
- Dine out 2 help out campaign
- Update :Officials offering reward in Wicomico County homicide investigation
- Seaford man faces felony charges after domestic altercation
- One dead in early morning house trailer fire in Millsboro
- Troopers arrest teens for series of thefts and burglaries in Kent County
- UPDATE: Officials back on scene removing dead and live horses from Quantico property