CRISFIELD, Md - The Crisfield field hockey team captured their second regional title in school history, and first since 2012, with a 2-0 win over Kent County on Wednesday in Crisfield.
Anabelle Mrohs got the scoring started midway thru the first half, sending a strong back handed shot into the back of the cage to give her team the lead. Mikayla Conner also got a goal to go for Crisfield, putting one in just before halftime to give the home team a 2-0 advantage.
From there the Crabber defense, led by freshman keeper Taylor Swann, anchored down to get their third straight shutout of the postseason. Crisfield now moves to the state semifinal, where they will take on Patuxent on Wednesday, November 8th at Paint Branch High School in Burtonsville, MD.
- Supreme Court to hear arguments against travel ban
- Governor announces new land conservation strategy in Va.
- Lawmakers want to make state song gender neutral
- Delaware Senate approves bill aimed at tackling mental health and gun violence
- Ocean City bills impacting distilling and special events zones signed into law
- Governor Larry Hogan signs multiple gun control bills