CRISFIELD, Md - The Crisfield field hockey team captured their second regional title in school history, and first since 2012, with a 2-0 win over Kent County on Wednesday in Crisfield.
Anabelle Mrohs got the scoring started midway thru the first half, sending a strong back handed shot into the back of the cage to give her team the lead. Mikayla Conner also got a goal to go for Crisfield, putting one in just before halftime to give the home team a 2-0 advantage.
From there the Crabber defense, led by freshman keeper Taylor Swann, anchored down to get their third straight shutout of the postseason. Crisfield now moves to the state semifinal, where they will take on Patuxent on Wednesday, November 8th at Paint Branch High School in Burtonsville, MD.
- Del. man charged with third DUI offense after Dover crash
- Wanted Easton man surrenders to police; man facing weapons and drug charges
- Deputies: Student tased after resisting arrest at Parkside High in Salisbury
- One dead in Ellendale hit and run crash; investigation ongoing
- Police: Man dead after two-vehicle crash in Laurel
- Dover Police: Over 60 bags of heroin, over $11K found in drug investigation; one charged