CRISFIELD, Md - The Crisfield field hockey team captured their second regional title in school history, and first since 2012, with a 2-0 win over Kent County on Wednesday in Crisfield.
Anabelle Mrohs got the scoring started midway thru the first half, sending a strong back handed shot into the back of the cage to give her team the lead. Mikayla Conner also got a goal to go for Crisfield, putting one in just before halftime to give the home team a 2-0 advantage.
From there the Crabber defense, led by freshman keeper Taylor Swann, anchored down to get their third straight shutout of the postseason. Crisfield now moves to the state semifinal, where they will take on Patuxent on Wednesday, November 8th at Paint Branch High School in Burtonsville, MD.
- DelMarVa Model Railroad Club hosts final open house of the season
- Community supports Delaware family who lost everything in a fire
- Manning announces U.S. Senate run
- Locals audition for roles in film shot on Delmarva
- Dover police officer facing several charges including DUI following hit and run accident
- Speed and alcohol being considered as factors in serious Del. crash, police say