CRISFIELD, Md - The Washington Jaguars traveled into Crisfield Thursday night with one thought on their minds, redemption.
The Crabbers were able to steal one on the road earlier this month against the Jaguars 58-52, taking the first of two match up's this season.
Thursday night brought out the best in both teams as this one would go down to the wire.
Trailing 56-53 with under 15 seconds to play, Washington would inbound to Josh Sproul who raced up the court and spotted up for three but his shot fell off the mark.
Junior point guard Dorian Stevens grabbed the tipped rebound and heaved one towards the rim as the buzzer sounded, and it went down!
Washington, thanks to a remarkable shot by Stevens, sent this one into overtime.
OT would be low scoring but high intensity. Both teams would trade free throws before CorTrey Fontaine and Justin Cohen connected on an inbounds play, sealing the victory for the Crabbers 63-61.
With the win, Crisfield moves to 2-0 against the Jaguars this season.
- Environmental activists create 'Trash Free Assateague' to stop littering from spreading
- Berlin Falls Park begins development exploration
- Burglar wanted: Caught on camera breaking into liquor store, stole alcohol and money
- Dover suspect wanted, weeks after armed robbery
- Police arrest man: Allegedly threatened to stab woman at bus stop
- House lawmakers to vote on assisted-suicide bill