The Cape Henlopen girls lacrosse team defeated the Caesar Rodney Riders 21-6 tonight. The win improves the Vikings to 9-2 on the season while the loss drops the Riders to 3-8 on the year.
The Cape Henlopen Vikings have had a pretty good season to say the least, winning eight of their nine wins by double digits. But early in their game against the Riders, things weren't going well. The Vikings found themselves down 3-2 after two quick scores by Caesars Lillian Ayers and Saywer Walker.
But Cape eventually got in their groove, they scored nine unanswered goals in the first half to make it 14-4 to end the first half. Cape got a game high five goals from Evelyn Shoop, three from Lindsay Monigle and Chloe Schaeffer. For the Riders, Sawyer Walker scored a team high four goals while Lillian Ayers and Eibhlin Steele chipped in one goal. The Cape Henlopen Vikings went on to win 21-6 over the Caesar Rodney Riders.
The Vikings will look to continue their hot streak on Friday May 5th as they travel to Tower Hill high school. The Riders will try and get back in the win column as they travel to Middletown high school on Monday May 8th.
- Day One of Hammond Taylor trial
- Officials: Students and staff safe after threat reported to Pocomoke High's main office
- Fire officials: No injuries reported in Millsboro explosion
- After Florida shooting, Millsboro PD says they're prepped for an active shooting situation
- College of William & Mary picks first woman as president in 325 years
- Over 100 doses of alprazolam found in Dover; two charged