The Kent Island Buccaneers defeated the Bennett Clippers 47-13 in week two of Maryland football. The win makes Kent Island 2-0 on the year while the loss drops Bennett to 1-1.
The Buccaneers got off to a fast start with a 76 yard touchdown pass on the third play from Trent Jackson to J.C. Getz. This was just a sign of things to come for these two. Jackson ended the game with four touchdowns and over 150 yards. Getz ended up with two first half touchdowns and two interceptions.
Kent Island also got scores from Jordan Walker and Jordan Marciano on the ground along with touchdowns from Brandon Galloway, and Sean Mooney through the air. The Clippers eventually got on the board with just under 10 minutes with a one yard touchdown run by Diondre Carter and then another touchdown from Aziriah Mapp with 1:30 left in the game. Bucs went on to win 47-13 over Bennett.
Kent Island will look to continue their win streak next week as they host the 2-0 Kent County Trojans on Friday the fifteenth at 7. The Clippers will look to get back in the win column as they travel to Nandua to take on the 1-2 Warriors
- Police: Officer shot, killed intervening in domestic dispute in Md.
- UPDATE: Man arrested in connection to Salisbury slashing
- U.S. Supreme Court: Dodd-Frank whistleblower protection is narrow
- Police: Suspects unsuccessful in getting property during Dover home invasion; investigation ongoing
- Traffic Alert: Lane closures for Route 1 NB announced for upcoming Kent Co. project
- Prison visits restricted as preventative flu measure in Del.