SALISBURY, Md - The James M. Bennett wrestling team completed a comeback for the ages on Tuesday night, beating Easton HighSchool 39-34 in Salisbury.
The Clippers trailed 28-0 thru the first 6 matches, and trailed 34-9 after the following three. Bennett would get pins from Micah Reddon and Aaron Hooks followed by forfeits in both the 220 and 285 pound weight classes, setting up the final match between 106's Nico D'Amico (JMB) and Flynn Griffin (EHS) with Easton leading 34-33. D'Amico would get the pin in 29 seconds to complete the 30 point swing and ensure the victory.
The win moves Bennett to 2-1, and drops Easton to 0-2 on the young season.
- Police investigate multiple cases of credit card fraud in Kent Co.
- Md. students protest guns outside White House
- Seventies film star pledges donation to UMES
- Md. officials preparing for spotted lanternfly invasion
- Police: Officer shot, killed intervening in domestic dispute in Md.
- UPDATE: Man arrested in connection to Salisbury slashing