The Bennett Clippers took the twenty nine mile trip down route 13 to take on the Pocomoke Warriors, who are on a five game win streak. The Clippers would be down twelve with just over five minutes left but would come back and win 57-54.
The Pocomoke Warriors have been on a hot streak of winning five games in a row after starting 0-8 and looked to make it six in a row as 11-6 Bennett came to town. The Warriors jumped out to a 13-7 lead after the first quarter but Bennett would come alive in the second quarter, scoring 15 points, including six from Otis Russell, to go up 22-19. The Warriors were held to just six points in the second.
To start the second half, Pocomoke would go on a 9-0 run and would be up 40-30 to end the third quarter. With five minutes left in the game, the Warriors would hold a twelve point lead but the Clippers would not go down without a fight. Bennett would score 25 points in those five minutes including nine from Otis Russell. With just under two minutes left, Montaze Jefferson would hit his only filed goal of the game, a three pointer to tie the game at 51. In the next Bennett possession, Russell would give Bennetts first lead since early in the second half. Bennett would hold on to their lead to beat Pocomoke 57-54.
Bennett will look to continue their win streak on Thursday the 8th as they host Crisfield at 5:30P.M. Pocomoke will try and get back in the win column when they travel to Mardela Friday the 9th at 4 P.M.
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Kent Co.
- UPDATE: Seaford man pleads guilty for role in shooting death of 18-year-old man
- Man arrested on child pornography charges in Dover
- UPDATE: Mistrial declared in Sussex Co. rape and kidnapping case; Dover man out on bond
- UPDATE: Trial begins for one of six allegedly involved in 2017 murder of Salisbury man
- DSP: Body found in Dover; death investigation ongoing