BALTIMORE (AP) - Kentucky Derby winner Always Dreaming is taking heavy action in early wagering for this weekend's Preakness.
The 4-5 favorite on the morning line, Always Dreaming opened at 1-5 when advance betting began Friday afternoon.
Arkansas Derby winner Classic Empire was second at 5-1.
The other eight horses were in double digits, with Gunnevera the third choice at 14-1.
Odds will fluctuate up to the start of the race, scheduled for 6:48 p.m. Saturday.
- UPDATE: 7 more arrested in drug trafficking investigation; 25 arrests total
- Ocean City beach replenishment to get $2.45M in federal funding
- OCPD: Shop owner fined for selling untaxed cigarettes
- Body of missing waterman recovered from lower Chesapeake
- Two Philadelphia men sentenced for 2015 Dover murder
- Hogan vetoes bill restricting crime record use in school admission