SALISBURY, Md - The Wicomico Indians scored a win in their first Governor's Challenge showcase game on Thursday night, defeating West Mecklenburg (NC) 60-46.
Senior guard Lequan Pettit dazzled the crowd, flilling up the stat sheet to the tune of 20 points, 7 assists, 6 rebounds, and 6 steals in the win. Sophomore forward Dominic Bailey added 7 points on 3-3 shooting in just 11 minutes of action.
The Indians are back in action on Saturday where they will be taking on Gilman.
- Women continue local march for equality
- Soup kitchen helps warm locals up in bitter cold months
- Legendary Pocomoke pastor honored for decades of service
- Motorcycle and bus accident, life threatening injuries
- Airport disaster drill deemed successful
- Democratic delegate hopeful organizes get-together for eastern shore candidates