BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) - A GOP candidate for North Dakota's U.S. Senate seat has acknowledged deleting more than 100 social media posts after entering the race, including one that called anti-Israel protesters "a bunch of Arabs."
Gary Emineth also retweeted an image that called for "no more mosques in America" and shared a Facebook post that compared people on food stamps to animals, CNN reported. The network posted frame-grabs of Emineth's posts.
Emineth acknowledged the posts and said he doesn't apologize for them. He told The Associated Press he might re-post them because they might help him win.
Emineth, a businessman and former North Dakota GOP chairman, is one of two Republicans hoping to face Democratic Sen. Heidi Heitkamp in November.
- Rehoboth capital improvements focus of budget talks
- Questions asked following end of neighborhood watch
- Resort town changes view of ocean for visitors
- JTVCC Inmate sues DOC over allege "torture" after uprising
- Salisbury officials celebrate groundbreaking of Riverwalk amphitheatre
- Man guilty on multiple charges after previous conviction in Del.