MARYLAND - The Governor's Office for Children in Maryland has introduced a new measure to ensure greater transparency and improve evaluation of programs that serve children and families across the state.
Through the new "Child Well-Being scorecards" program the office's website will now display data descriptions and performance measure for all programs funded through local management boards in each Maryland county.
On the link for wicomico county for example the website highlights the county's goal to have children succeed in schools and shows the different programs the county has initiated to try and reach that goal, such as the "out of schooltime" initiative and "building foundations for families."
- Poultry worker advocates rally outside Salisbury Perdue facility
- Maryland governor to eulogize his father on Saturday
- Maryland man indicted on racketeering charges in Delaware
- Lake Forest educator awarded as 'Teacher Who Makes A Difference'
- Decomposed whale washes up near Delaware Bay
- Updated UPDATE: State Trooper fatally shot at Bear Wawa; suspect barricaded in Middletown home